Monday, June 25, 2012

The Flame That Lights My Way.

     In view of my being a recovering drug addict, I'm unusually happy. It's because I have been able to abstain from my dopamine abuse ever since I started going out with you. You know who you are, but you don't know how much you're doing for me. Until you read this, you cannot possibly understand the vast difference that you've made in my life. When I am with you, I'm free. You always make me laugh, no matter what circumstances we're in. After reading this blog, you'll understand my insecurities, because I know what a terrible thing I've done. I don't know how we're going to turn out, but I hope with all my heart, that you'll always be a part of my life.
     Lately, I've had little to no urge to return to my old habits, and that is because I'm fighting for you. You're worth fighting myself for. Right now, I'm winning the battle. You give me the upper hand in this fight, so perhaps you can understand why I want you so desperately: my heart is strong with you in it, and that strength is what I have lacked in this battle. The more success I have in this war of wills, the more I see I need you, the more I realize how much I love you.

I see your bright red, flaming hair,
The flame that lights my way.
Your laugh rings out across the air,
The star that lights my day.

The war I wage inside my mind
Is not one I can win,
Unless to me you will be kind.
I'll fight to right my sin.

My arsenal has been so small,
I did not have the means,
All night I'd beat upon a wall,
But you can mend my seams.

My thoughts revealed and when we kiss,
I'm on a wild ride.
I know that you I'll always miss,
When we're not side by side.

No comments:

Post a Comment