Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Movie Mishaps

Well, I went to a movie on Friday, and it was awesome. I went and saw the Bourne Legacy. Good movie. Go see it. It has little plot, less than the other 3 Bourne movies, which is really hard to do. It's still awesome, though.
The thing is, I went alone, because nobody answered my posts on Facebook and nobody showed up. It was a little disappointing, but it wasn't too bad. So as I was walking home, I was texting my girlfriend and then I asked if I could call her (because I prefer talking instead of texting. There is less information lost talking.), and she told me yes, and I did, and at some point while I was walking home (the theater isn't very far away), I told her that I missed her, to which she replied, "Do you want to see me?" I told her yes, I always want to see her, and as it turned out, she was driving home from work.
We met up at a park near my house. By that time, it was 10:20 p.m. That's not exactly a good time to start hanging out, but it didn't really occur to me. You know that feeling you get after sitting and watching a movie in a theater, where it seems like less time than you've spent there has passed? Well, it didn't really feel that late to me, so I didn't think about it. We hung out, talked a little, and generally enjoyed each other's company for about 40 minutes. It felt like 4 minutes. Then, we leaned up against her car and made out for a while, and before either of us knew it, it was 11:50. She got off work at 10, and wasn't supposed to make any stops on the way home. Unfortunately, I was the one with an alibi, and she got in trouble. Needless to say, I feel sort of responsible, and she probably hates me. I can't say for sure, because she sent me one text explaining that she got her phone taken away, and was grounded from friends, Facebook, and her phone for a month. Then a few minutes later, she sent a text telling me not to contact her, and if she wanted to talk, she would talk to me.
Life kinda sucks right now.
Well, there is a wake up call for me. Time  may not matter much, but timing  matters a whole lot. Context matters, people! Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment