Friday, December 21, 2012

A Brief Synopsis

Well, lots has happened since the last post. Here's an update:
Sadie's was great. I went with my girlfriend. It was great fun. Made a fool of myself. It was awesome.
I was in the pit orchestra for the musical "Once Upon a Mattress" and got a rating as the best high school pit orchestra in the state. It was a great play. I wish I could have watched it.
On the negative, I happened to break down on November 17. I have decided that my addiction is over, and I will never again consider myself an addict. It is too easy to use as an excuse. Also, if I ever break down again, my girlfriend will leave me for good, I'll lose the best friend I have ever had, and I might go into another spiraling depression and have no one who can bring me out this time.
On the plus-side, I have been clean since. Five weeks clean tomorrow.
In the mean time, Christmas season is in full bloom. I love this time of year. Having four songs stuck in my head for a month is slightly less enjoyable (Carol of the Bells, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Good King Wenceslas, and Three Kings [Eclipse]). I have gotten proficient in singing them. I'm starting to mess with the key of each song.

No comments:

Post a Comment